How to create the Drawings font
NOTE for the artists:
the vectorial drawings must have all paths closed and no hidden layers.
- Open it with Affinity Designer (maybe we could use Inkscape but i’m not sure it exports slices). check that every layer is named as the word_id in the Sheet.
- Export all groups/layers as slices as SVG (for web) into the SVG/todo
- Import all these single SVG files into Glyph (could be any OTF font maker), assigning the Unicode to the Sheet and moving the svg file into the “used” folder
- make sure that every unicode id in Google Sheet WordData is unique
- Export the OTF font into
- open TextMesh Pro Font Asset Creator using these parameters:
Font Source: EA4S_WordDrawings.otf Font Size: Auto Sizing Font padding: 5 Packing Method: Optimum Atlas res: 2048x2048 Character Set: Unicode Range (Hex) with this Sequence: 100,101,102,103,104,105,106,107,108,109,10A,10B,10C,10D,10E,10F,112,113,114,115,118,119,11A,11B,122,123,12A,12B,12E,12F,136,137,14A,14B,152,153,175,177,2018,2019,201C,201D,2020,2021,2022,2026,2030,2039,203A,20AC,2190,2191,2192,2193,2194,2195,2196,2197,2198,2199,22,2202,2205,220F,2211,2212,221A,221E,222B,2248,2260,2264,2265,23,24,25,26,2669,266A,266B,266C,266D,266E,266F,27,28,29,2A,2B,2C,2D,2E,2F,30,300,301,302,307,308,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,3A,3B,3C,3D,3E,3F,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,4A,4B,4C,4D,4E,4F,50,51,52,53,54,55,56,57,58,59,5A,5B,5C,5D,5E,5F,61,62,63,64,65,66,67,68,69,6A,6B,6C,6D,6E,6F,70,71,72,73,74,75,76,77,78,79,7A,7B,7C,7D,7E,80,82,90,91,92,93,94,95,96,97,98,99,9A,9B,9C,9D,9E,9F,A1,A2,A3,A4,A5,A6,A7,A9,AB,AC,AE,B0,B1,B6,B7,BB,BF,C0,C1,C2,C4,C5,C6,C7,C8,C9,CA,CB,CC,CD,CE,CF,D0,D1,D2,D3,D4,D5,D6,D7,D8,D9,DA,DB,DC,DD,DE,DF,E0,E1,E2,E3,E4,E5,E6,E7,E8,E9,EA,EB,EC,ED,EE,EF,F0,F1,F2,F3,F4,F5,F6,F7,F8,F9,FA,FB,FC,FD,FE,FF Font Render Mode: Distance Field 32
save as Antura_WordDrawings SDF.asset
TOTAL: 274 glyphs (with size 229)